October 20 1975

I am in my secret hiding place with a flash light that Ricky gave me. I can't tell you where my secret hiding place is because then you will know where to find me when I am in it.

I don't like when the Doctor looks at me. He shakes his head. Today he said I had to take off all my clothes so that he could see what was wrong. Aunt Martha was there too and she was pointing at places of my body and saying words I don't understand to the Doctor. They both smiled a lot but I did not like it. They were with me when Ricky was in school so he doesn't know what goes on here when he is not home.

The Doctor gave Aunt Martha a box with needles in it and another box with a whole lot of small bottles. Inside each bottle is something wet but you can't drink it. They let me stand there naked when they went outside the bedroom door to talk. When they came back in they said I had a problem with my sugar. And that for me to stay better I have to take shots with the bottles and the needles. I got afraid but I didn't cry. Only babys cry. I am not a baby. They told me the name of the wet stuff inside the bottles but I don't know how to spell that word or say it myself so I don't know what to call it. But it is for my sugar to stay up. They said I should not tell anyone because then they would make me feel sick and there is something wrong with me all the time. They asked me if I wanted to be normal and like other boys and girls my age and I said yes. And they said then not to tell anyone about my sugar problem. That it is private.

I got afraid because if Ricky finds out that I have a sugar problem I don't want him to treat me like I am sick and that he can't play with me anymore. So I don't tell Ricky! I don't want Ricky to stop being my friend because he thinks he can get the same problem I have.

And Aunt Martha said noone will ever know because I have my shots where noone can see them. So it is not to worry about. Then when the Doctor was still here she gave me my shot so he could see that she does it the right way. I had to bend over and I feel the shot under my back. The Doctor said when I grow she can do the shot on my leg, under my clothes, and that it is easy that way. Then I can do it myself. Then he said not to worry about my head. That the pills will help me forget the trama and that she did the shot well. And that my hair will grow back to long again.

The Doctor also said that my accident will not be a problem for me when I grow up. That there is something that can be done for it. He always shakes his head and says how awfull how awfull that they messed up on me like that. That I was born like that. I don't understand what he means. But he said tape will only help to cover the problem and that only if I have an operation will everything be fixed. He said big words I don't know what they mean or how to spell them now.

Maybe if I see other girls naked I will know what the problem is. I don't feel like I am a problem. What is wrong with me and why did they keep looking down there and why did the Doctor take my picture.