September 25 1975

She says I have a special teacher coming every day for time with me. I can learn things like Ricky but I have to stay home. Ricky goes on a bus and is not home all day. When he gets home I wake up from my sleep and we play. Sometimes she lets me outside when Ricky plays with his friends but she tells me to stay inside more. I want to play outside and use the boy toys. I like Rickys toys better. She does not smile when I want to play with them. She stays with her mouth closed. And I go to my room. She tells me I can hurt myself if I play with the boys. I don't understand. When she is in her room working Ricky says for me to come to his room and we play games I like better than dolls. I love Ricky. He is my cousin. He is my friend. She lets him be my friend. I don't want to make her mad because I afraid she will make Ricky stop being my friend. I never had a brother and I want Ricky to be my brother. When he called me Angela today I didn't turn around. Then he put his hand on my head and called me silly. He said don't be so sad all the time. Answer me when I say your name so I know you're not sad. She said that I can play anytime I want with Ricky and have snacks just so I let the doctor look at me and the teacher show me what to do.